Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this from the Butterball web site. This is delicious! The turkey turns out very moist and has a wonderful flavor.You can substitute 4 ounces of cream cheese if you cannot find mascarpone, but I strongly recommend using the mascarpone. I am not a big fan of turkey but I love this!
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 ounces prosciutto ham, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 turkey breast, approx. 6 lbs
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine cheese, prosciutto, and 1 tsp of the Italian Seasoning in a small bowl until blended.
- Rinse turkey breast and pat dry. Using your fingers, gently separate skin from meat on each side of breast, being careful not to tear skin. Using a spoon or spatula, spread cheese mixture evenly under the skin on both sides. Secure skin with toothpicks on lower end.
- Place breast on flat roasting rack in a shallow pan. Squeeze lemon juice over breast and place lemon havlves under rib cage. Brush skin with olive oil and sprinkle with remaining italian seasoning.
- Bake 2-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer reads 170 degrees F. Let stand for 15 minutes.