Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
From the Diabetic Gourmet Magazine. The exchanges are: 3-1/2 Lean Meat. (Carbohydrates: 2.16 g)
- 2 lbs whole boned turkey breast
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon morton lite salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 ounces lean ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (1 teaspoon) package chicken bouillon granule
- Lay 3 clean cotton strings, each about 24 inches long, across a large roasting pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Set turkey breast skin side down, over strings.
- Sprinkle turkey with parsley, thyme, Morton Lite Salt mixture, pepper, cheese and ham.
- Shape turkey breast into a roll and tie with strings.
- Turn roast over, so that skin side is up. Insert thermometer into center.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours (or until thermometer reads 170 degrees).
- Place on a serving platter and keep warm for 10 minutes.
- Mix wine with cornstarch, water and chicken bouillon granules.
- Add to pan drippings.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Pour sauce into serving bowl for spooning over slices of meat.