2 hrs 45 mins
I got this recipe from a cookbook (I believe it was called Northwest Food & Wine) that features Pacific Northwest wines and dishes that compliment them. This specific recipe suggests a Northwest Reisling as a perfect accompaniment. I hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 4 cups bread cubes (1/2 inch cut from baguette-style bread)
- 4 cups bread cubes (1/2 inch cut from multigrain or whole wheat bread)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups walnut pieces, roasted
- 1 cup firmly packed oregano leaves, chopped
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock or 1 3/4 cups low-sodium canned broth
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 turkey breast, thawed if frozen (about 6 pounds)
- 11. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 22. Soak the dried apricots in boiling water to cover for 30 minutes. Drain and chop them. Set aside.
- 33. Spread the bread cubes on a large baking sheet and dry them out in the oven, until they are quite firm on the outside, but not browned, about 15 minutes.
- 44. Melt the butter in a 10 or 12-inch frypan over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and saute until soft but not brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the mustard.
- 55. Put bread cubes, walnuts, and apricots in a very large mixing bowl. Add the onion-celery mixture, oregano, and parsley. Beat the eggs into the stock and add to the bowl. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Toss thoroughly.
- 66. Spoon stuffing mixture into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Place the turkey breast on top. Bake until the turkey is done, 160 F when measured with an instant-read thermometer, about 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Turkey Breast With Apricot-Nut Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 721.5
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 161.6 mg
- Sodium 736.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 44.1 g