Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is one of the simplest summer lunches you could have. Make sure to use only the best tomatoes, vine-ripened if you don't grow your own.
- Wash the tomatoes, then slice them in half across the middle.
- Place them cut side up in a baking dish and drizzle over some olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and the leaves of the thyme sprigs.
- Roast at 190 C or 375 F for about 40 minutes, or a little less depending on how ripe the tomatoes are.
- You want to bake them until they are puffed and tender.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, shake over a little vinegar and serve with warm, crusty bread.