Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is super easy to do and really ripe, summer tomatoes are perfect for this. From Good Food Magazine (UK)
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 fresh thyme sprigs
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 180C/350°F.
- Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Tip out onto a roasting tray.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 5-8 minutes until tomatoes are soft.
- Remove and let cool to room temperature.
This was really good! Other fresh herbs would pair well here too, like parsley, basil and oregano. I had extra ripe roma tomatoes, so I threw those in this too. I think I liked those even better than the cherry tomatoes. Anyone who likes cooked tomatoes will really like this dish!
This was good as a change of pace. but I guess I just prefer my tomatoes raw. I cooked in a foil pan on the grill because I was already cooking chicken. I tossed with some parmesan. I think this would be a great start to a pasta dish though :) Great base recipe, will try again.