Roast Tomato and Balsamic Mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place tomatoes in a small roasting dish in single layer.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Roast tomatoes for 1 1/2 hours, or until slightly shrivelled and starting to char around the edges, then remove from oven and cool.
- Combine egg yolks, mustard and remaining vinegar in a food processor and process until combined.
- With the motor running, add remaining olive oil a little at a time (the mixture should be emulsified and quite thick).
- Add roasted tomatoes and any juices, and process until smooth, then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- The mayonnaise will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 1 week.