Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Everyday Food.
Top Review by kiwidutch
We liked these very much, because of the cumin giving it a very different taste to the usual way we make sweet potatoes. That said, we also thought that this has such a distinctive taste that we wouldn't want it too often, so DH and I agreed that this recipe is perfect for when the same old same old is getting boring but wouldn't be a top favourite recipe in our sweet potato recipe heap. Please see my rating system: a lovely 4 stars for a recipe that we woulld enjoy every now and again for a change of taste and pace. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, 2-3 medium
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425. Scrub sweet potatoes; pat dry.
- Halve lengthwise; quarter each half lengthwise.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with remaining ingredients until coated.
- Arrange cut sides down in a single layer in pan.
- Roast, turning potatoes halfway through, until tender and browned 30 to 40 minutes.