Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A change from the traditional stuffed turkey dinner and can be made anytime
- 4082.33 g broiler chickens (Recipe is for 9lbs or smaller, larger..adjust recipe)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped celery
- chicken giblets, minced (optional)
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine, divided
- 709.77 ml dry breadcrumbs (large bird means more bread. (1 cup per extra pound)
- 118.29 ml apple juice or 118.29 ml water
- 4.92 ml poultry seasoning
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Thoughly rinse out chicken and remove left in organs such as neck, liver, and heart.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions, celery, and giblets, if desired, in 2 tablespoons butter until lightly browned.
- Add bread cubes, juice/water, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; toss.
- Loosely stuff body cavity with bread mixture. Truss chicken if desired.
- Place chicken in a Renyolds cooking bag and coat the bag very lightly with flour. (You may use a pan with a cover if you prefer but a bag provides the ultimate moist chicken!).
- Place the bagged chicken on a glass or metal 13x9 shallow pan. Melt remaining butter; brush on chicken.
- Use tie that comes with bag to seal bag.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until juices run clear when thigh is pierced with fork and the leg moves easily when lifted and turned, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Increase time of about 15 minutes per extra pound of chicken.