1/21 Photos of Roast "Sticky" Chicken
5 hrs 25 mins
5 hrs 10 mins
C Chatwin's Note:
Beautiful and delicious, this incredibly moist roasted Chicken puts Kenny Roger's Roasters, Boston Market, and other rotisserie style chickens to shame! Please don't let the word "overnight" mislead you; for actual hands-on preparation, this is a Quick-N-Easy way to impress Sunday dinner guests!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1(Day 1) Blend all spices together and set aside.
- 2Remove neck and giblets from chicken cavity, rinse well inside and out, and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Rub with spice mixture, both inside and out, then stuff cavity with onions.
- 4Wrap in a resealable"food grade" plastic bag (I just use a new, unscented, white kitchen can liner.), tie closed, and refrigerate overnight.
- 5(Day 2) Remove from plastic bag and place in a shallow baking pan.
- 6Roast uncovered in a 250 F oven 5 hours.
- 7(This is not an error, I repeat, 250 F for 5 hours!) If the chicken contains a pop-up thermometer, ignore it.
- 8This recipe is SAFE.
- 9According to the United States Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service, a whole chicken should reach an internal temperature of 180 F.
- 10For more info check out their"Thermy" campign Web site! http://www.fsis.usda.gov/thermy/index.htm
- 11Baste with drippings every 30 minutes after the first hour.
- 12(I admit I'm not consistent on this point, but it still comes out wonderful!) Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast "Sticky" Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.0
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 1619.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 17.5 g