Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very quick and easy recipe. And it taste wonderful. From Mark Bittman.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary, or1/2 tsp dried
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs peeled and cleaned shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, zest of, finely minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450.
- When oven is ready,warm 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Add rosemary, return to oven until rosemary begins to sizzle.
- Add shrimp, sprinkle with the orange juice, orange zest, salt and pepper and remaining olive oil.
- Roast until the shrimp turns pink, about 10 minutes.
I wanted this to work--it sounds so delicious and I lov e the notion of sizzling the fresh rosemary in the oil, but I had two problems. First, my large shrimp were cooked in about five minutes. Second, while I thought the orange was an interesting flavor and the perfume of the rosemary was lovely, the shrimps themselves were quite bland and salt and pepper wasn't enough to bring out the flavor. Perhaps the addition of garlic and some heat? I like the rosemary part so much I'll keep trying. Thanks, Susie!
This was cool. I never considered orange juice and seafood before but with the rosemary it worked really nicely. I suggest watching the shrimp starting at about 5 minutes because mine were done in about 7 and you don't want to over cook your shrimp. Thanks for posting. :D