Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe from my dad. I Love it. It is very easy & tastes great!
- 2 kg lamb shoulder
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup red currant jelly
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Trim excess fat from lamb.
- Combine mustard, jelly, garlic, oil, and say sauce.
- Brush glaze over lamb.
- Place lamb on rack over a baking dish.
- Add about 0.5 cup water to baking dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180°F, basting frequently with pan juice for 1.5 hours or until done as desired.
- Stand keeping warm for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve glazed lamb with gravy.
Chose this recipe for its simplicity and it was great! Made just a couple alterations - didn't have dijon so used honey mustard dijon with good results, but will use straight dijon next time. Baked the 3.12 lb. lamb sirloin in a glass casserole dish at 275 degrees, minus the 1/2 cup water. Came out very juicy and moist. DH loved it. Thanks!