Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Four simple ingredients turn salmon into a savory treat. Capers and tomatos add a Mediterranean flair to the salmon, while lime rind brings a subtle hint of citrus. Roasting, instead of sauteing or pan-frying, lets you get all the heart-healthy benefits of the monounsaturated fat without and added saturated fat from some oils. GOOD TO KNOW: For an extra serving of healthy, complex carbohydrates, add a half cup of whole-grain rice or couscous to this protein-packed meal.
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) packagevacuum-packed chopped tomatoes
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F Combine 1 tablespoon tarragon, 2 tablespoons drained capers, 1/4 teaspoon lime rind, and tomatoes in an 8-inch-square baking dish; season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil. Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes; uncover and bake 20 additional minutes, or until the fish flakes easily. Divide sauce amoung 4 plates; place a salmon fillet on each. Garnish with lime wedges.