Queen Dana's Note:
Recipe by Selma Brown Morrow. April 2011 Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chipotle chiles, from canned chipotle chiles in adobo (about)
- 29.58 ml apricot jam (or preserves)
- 6.16 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 56.69-170.09 g salmon fillets (1 inch thick with skin)
- 425.24 g can hominy, drained, juice reserved
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F Using back of spoon, press enough chipotles through fine sieve into small bowl to measure 2 teaspoons puree. Mix puree, jam, vinegar, and cumin in bowl; season glaze to taste with salt.
- 2Coat small rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Arrange salmon on sheet; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Spread half of glaze over each fillet. Roast until just opaque in center, about 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, puree hominy and 3 tablespoons reserved juice in mini processor until almost smooth. Transfer to small skillet. Add butter and cilantro. Stir over medium heat until warmed through, mixing in more reserved juice by teaspoonfuls if too thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Divide hominy between 2 plates, top with salmon, and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Salmon With Sweet Chipotle Glaze and Hominy Puree
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 533.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 10.4 g