1/3 Photos of Roast Salmon With Spiced Coconut Crumbs
Another great recipe from the 'Good Food' magazine (January 2003). This dish was created by Sara Buenfeld as part of a New Year's day buffet with a touch of Indian glamour. The recipe for this lightly spiced salmon serves 8, but can easily be adapted to serve any number really. It can be part of a buffet or served on individual plates. It is great for entertaining because it's impressive, not much work is involved, and you can prepare the salmon up to a day ahead. I will soon post the suggested side dishes to the salmon (Potato salad with curried mayo / Chicory and orange salad with ginger dressing).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces butter (50g)
- 8 green cardamom pods, seeds removed and finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 plump fresh red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- 8 slim boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1UP TO A DAY AHEAD:.
- 2Melt the butter in a medium pan, add the cardomom and coconut and stir non-stop for 2-3 minutes until the coconut starts to toast. Stir in the chilli, ginger, garlic, ground coriander and turmeric. Cook for another minute then leave to cool.
- 3Arrange the salmon in a single layer, spaced slightly apart, in 1 large or two smaller buttered ovenproof dishes. Scatter on the coriander and spread the coconut mixture on top. Cover in cling film and chill (for up to one day) UNTIL ONE HOUR BEFORE COOKING.
- 4TO SERVE:.
- 5Turn the oven to conventional 200°C (390°F)/gas 6/fan 180°C (390°F). Roast the salmon for 13-15 minutes until cooked, but still moist. If this is for a buffet, bring to the table in the dish(es).
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Salmon With Spiced Coconut Crumbs
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.9
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 233.0 mg
- Sodium 220.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 78.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green cardamom pods