1/3 Photos of Roast Salmon Gravlax-Style
This salmon has the flavor of cured salmon without the wait. Serve with boiled new potatoes or over toasted rye bread with the sauce. From "Mens Health" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, sliced thin
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 3 lbs salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup vodka or 1/2 cup gin or 1/2 cup aquavit
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard (to taste)
- 1 cup light cream
- 1Grease bottom of a medium roasting pan with the oil; spread with lemon slices in a single layer.
- 2Pile dill in center where you will place the fish; place fish on top of dill, skin side up.
- 3With a sharp knife, score fish.
- 4Combine brown sugar, salt, and pepper; rub mixture all over fish, pushing into the cuts; let fish rest about 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 475 degrees F and roast fish until it is just cooked through and the skin is crispy, about 20 minutes.
- 6Remove fish to a serving platter, leaving the lemons and dill in the pan.
- 7Place pan on stove top over one or two burners and heat on low until lemons sizzle, remove from heat; slowly stir in vodka, or other spirits, and loosen browned bits on bottom of pan.
- 8Return pan to heat and cook off most of the liquid; stir in mustard and cream.
- 9Allow to bubble gently, cooking and stirring, until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon (a couple of minutes).
- 10Taste for seasonings, adjust as necessary, and pour over fish.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Salmon Gravlax-Style
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.6
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 144.6 mg
- Sodium 558.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 46.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard