Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Real Simple.
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 ounces salmon fillets, skin removed
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Cut each fennel bulb in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 6 wedges. In a roasting pan or large baking dish, combine the fennel, tomatoes, garlic, lemon, oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Spread the mixture into a single layer. Roast until the fennel is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Season the salmon with the remaining salt and pepper. Remove pan from oven and place the fillets on top of the vegetable mixture.
- Return to oven and roast until the fillets are the same color throughout and flake easily, about 12 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove and discard the lemon before serving.
- Just before the salmon and vegetables are done, wrap the tortillas in foil and place them in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Using a fork, flake the salmon into chunks. Divide the salmon and vegetables among the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro. Add a dollop of sour cream, if desired.