Make the most of as many root vegetables you can get hold of for this wonderfully nutritious warm salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg root vegetables (such as carrots, parsnip, celeriac, swede, sweet potato, small potatoes, shallots, beetroot)
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 6 sticks celery, cut into 2in pieces
- 8 garlic cloves, left unpeeled and smashed with the back of a knife
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch flaked sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
For the vinaigrette
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 400°F
- 2Peel and cut the vegetables into similar sizes (potatoes can be left unpeeled).
- 3Toss the roots with the caraway seeds, thyme, garlic, olive oil and seasoning in a large roasting tray.
- 4Roast for about 45 minutes, until all the vegetables are cooked though. Turn them a few times whilst cooking.
- 5To make the vinaigrette, place all of the ingredients in a screw topped jar and shake together.
- 6Once the vegetables are cooked, toss with the dressing and scatter with the parsley. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Root Vegetable Salad With Dijon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.9
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
flaked sea salt
white wine vinegar