Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Make the most of as many root vegetables you can get hold of for this wonderfully nutritious warm salad.
- 1 kg root vegetables (such as carrots, parsnip, celeriac, swede, sweet potato, small potatoes, shallots, beetroot)
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 6 sticks celery, cut into 2in pieces
- 8 garlic cloves, left unpeeled and smashed with the back of a knife
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch flaked sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
For the vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F
- Peel and cut the vegetables into similar sizes (potatoes can be left unpeeled).
- Toss the roots with the caraway seeds, thyme, garlic, olive oil and seasoning in a large roasting tray.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, until all the vegetables are cooked though. Turn them a few times whilst cooking.
- To make the vinaigrette, place all of the ingredients in a screw topped jar and shake together.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, toss with the dressing and scatter with the parsley. Serve hot.