Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Haven't tried this one yet, as it seems rhubarb isn't available here in January. Sorry for the vague cook time. Nigel Slater's January recipe: "tart and clean tasting with a spoonful of runny honey and the juice of an orange."
- 24 ounces vanilla yogurt (he used smoothies)
- 5 cups young pink rhubarb
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 teaspoon mild honey
- In an ice cream maker, churn the yogurt or smoothies according to manufacturer's instructions until almost frozen.
- place in a freezer box and freeze until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Cut the rhubarb into wine-cork sized legnths.
- Place in a glass baking dish and drizzle over the juice and the honey.
- Place in oven and once in a while drizzle the juice over the rhubarb.
- The rhubarb is done when it can be crushed between the fingers.
- Let cool a little, then divide between four bowls and top with frozen yogurt to serve.