Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Great for a dinnner party or festive occasion.
- 8 -10 lbs center cut pork loin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth (Canned)
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- Rub salt, pepper and Rosemary into the meat.
- Then pat garlic on.
- make several slits with knife and stuff some garlic in the holes.
- Heat olive oil in large pan on high heat, add meat.
- Brown about 12-15 minutes Transfer to baking pan that can be used on the stove top and bake 1 hour at 375 degrees.
- Remove meat and pour fat from the pan.
- Add Port Wine to the pan, heat on high,loosen all remnants stuck to bottom of pan as you go.
- Lower heat to medium high and add stock.
- Let it come to a slow boil for about 15 minutes to reduce.
- Skim off excess fat, serve with pork.
It was my first rack of pork and I could only say one thing: MIAM!!! All ingredients just blend perfectly together. A must try.