From Mark Bittman's 'How to Cook Anything.' I've made this numerous times. It is simple and delicious. I've used the fresh bread crumbs, but panko works quite well, too.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Trim lamb, leaving a layer of fat over the meat.
- Cut about halfway down between the chops; This allows the meat to become crisp.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients and rub over the racks.
- Roast for 20 minutes and then put an instant-read thermometer straight in from one end through the meatiest part.
- If it reads 125 or more, remove from oven immediately.
- If it reads less, leave it in for 5 more minutes, no more.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before separating the ribs.