Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
One for the hunters! From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 4 lbs rabbit, dressed and washed
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat or 2 tablespoons butter
- prepared stuffing, your choice (I like Mushroom and Parsley Stuffing or Sage Stuffing for Poultry)
- Sprinkle rabbit with salt and pepper on the inside.
- Fill with stuffing, fasten opening securely and spread with fat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in an uncovered pan at 350F for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.