Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Found this in a mag...haven't tried it just yet, placed here for safe keeping.
- 800 g fresh pumpkin, skin removed and cut into 1cm 1/2inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sheets butter puff pastry, cut into 15cm squares
- 100 g marinated feta
- 3 tablespoons oregano leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- sea salt, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 220c place pumpkin on a baking tray and toss with olive oil garlic and salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 40 minutes or until cooked and golden.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Evenly divide the pumpkin among the four pastry squares, placing in the centre.
- Top with oregano, feta and pine nuts. Drizzle with a little of the feta marinating oil.
- Bring 2 of the diagonally opposite corners together and pinch to seal along the edges.
- The base will be square the top will be a pyramid shape.
- Twist the top to seal where the four corners meet.
- Place the egg yolk and milk in a small bowl and whisk with a fork to make an egg wash for the pastry.
- Place the pasties on a baking tray and brush with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sea salt and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
I made this with sweet potato instead of pumpkin, but we loved it just the same. Perfect with a tossed salad. Thanks for sharing.