1 hr 15 mins
Roasting the vegetables really brings out their flavour in this dish. The croutons are normally served with Bouillabaisse but also go very well with this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the soup
- 900 g pumpkin
- 450 g tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1200 ml vegetable stock
for the croutons
- 1heat oven to 220°C.
- 2Put all the soup ingredients bar the stock in a roasting pan and toss to coat with oil. Roast for 40 minutes turning occasionally.
- 3When done remove the sprigs and squeeze the garlic out of its skin. Liquidise the rest with the stock - usually I need to do two batches.
- 4This soup freezes very well.
- 5For the croutons:.
- 6Soak the saffron in 1 tbsp warm water. pound the garlic, chile and a pinch of salt in a mortar.
- 7Add the egg yolk and vinegar to the resulting paste.
- 8Mix the two oils together and slowly drip into the pestle while constantly whisking. Once a third has gone in, increase the flow to a steady drizzle. Finally add the saffron water.
- 9Brush the bread slices with a little oil and arrange on a baking tray. bake until golden.
- 10Spread with sauce and top with Gruyere cheese.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pumpkin and Tomato Soup With Rouille Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.0
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 818.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: