1/1 Photo of Roast Pumpkin and Onion Soup
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a nice soup for a special occasion when you're roasting a turkey or a joint. It can be made ticher by the addition of cream but I tend to serve it lighter without.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop pumpkin into chunks and place on baking tray.
- 2Sprinkle Pumkin with olive oil and honey.
- 3Shred sage leaves and place on pumlin.
- 4Roast pumpkin until brown around edges.
- 5Meanwhile sweat chopped onion and chilli in olive oil and white wine vinegar with thyme and bay leaf added.
- 6Remove pumpkin from oven and allow to cool before removing skin and adding to onions.
- 7Add stock and salt and pepper.
- 8Simmer for forty minutes over a very low heat.
- 9Blend soup and pass through a sieve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pumpkin and Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar