Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a nice soup for a special occasion when you're roasting a turkey or a joint. It can be made ticher by the addition of cream but I tend to serve it lighter without.
- 2 lbs pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 2 fluid ounces honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb onion
- 1 chili
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig sage
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- black pepper
- Chop pumpkin into chunks and place on baking tray.
- Sprinkle Pumkin with olive oil and honey.
- Shred sage leaves and place on pumlin.
- Roast pumpkin until brown around edges.
- Meanwhile sweat chopped onion and chilli in olive oil and white wine vinegar with thyme and bay leaf added.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and allow to cool before removing skin and adding to onions.
- Add stock and salt and pepper.
- Simmer for forty minutes over a very low heat.
- Blend soup and pass through a sieve.
Yum! A really thick, creamy and substantial soup and I loved the sweetness of the pumpkin and honey offset with the slight tang of chilli.