Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this recipe using vegemite that sounded interesting.
Make and share this Roast Pumpkin and Leek Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb butternut pumpkin, cut into cubes
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 leek, sliced and washed
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups short-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegemite
- 4 cups boiling water
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- SPRAY pumpkin with olive oil spray and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Heat butter in a pan and cook the sliced leek, bacon and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until bacon is browned.
- ADD rice and stir for 2 minutes or until coated in butter mixture.
- Stir in combined Vegemite and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- REMOVE from heat and stir in pepper, parsley, and butter. Spoon into serving bowls and top with shredded Parmesan. Serve immediately.