BLUE ROSE's Note:
Found this recipe using vegemite that sounded interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb butternut pumpkin, cut into cubes
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 leek, sliced and washed
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups short-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegemite
- 4 cups boiling water
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1SPRAY pumpkin with olive oil spray and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- 2Heat butter in a pan and cook the sliced leek, bacon and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until bacon is browned.
- 3ADD rice and stir for 2 minutes or until coated in butter mixture.
- 4Stir in combined Vegemite and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- 5REMOVE from heat and stir in pepper, parsley, and butter. Spoon into serving bowls and top with shredded Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pumpkin and Leek Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.7
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 825.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 16.7 g