Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe using vegemite that sounded interesting.
Make and share this Roast Pumpkin and Leek Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb butternut pumpkin, cut into cubes
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 leek, sliced and washed
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups short-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegemite
- 4 cups boiling water
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- SPRAY pumpkin with olive oil spray and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Heat butter in a pan and cook the sliced leek, bacon and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until bacon is browned.
- ADD rice and stir for 2 minutes or until coated in butter mixture.
- Stir in combined Vegemite and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- REMOVE from heat and stir in pepper, parsley, and butter. Spoon into serving bowls and top with shredded Parmesan. Serve immediately.