Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Slow Roasted with "Chef Joes Rub". Very tender and seasoned perfectly! I use a Whole Ribeye,,,, serves many(like 12-18) Your local butcher can give you the right amount for your party. figure about 14oz(uncooked) per person.
- Preheat Oven to 400.
- Drizzle the Ribeye with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the Steak Spice evenely on rib.
- Rub the spice all around the Rib.
- Cook the Rib for 30 minutes on 400 then turn it down to 325 for 45 minutes, this should be a RARE piece of Rib, Using a thermometer, finish cooking til desired temp --
- Rare= 100-110.
- Medium Rare=115-125.
- Medium Well=140 and up.
- When done, let it sit for 15 minutes, remove from pan.
- Drain grease from pan. Add the water to pan and place on stove top burner on high heat. Using a spoon or wisk, deglaze the pan (scrape all the sides, bottom etc.) This makes the Au Jus(pot licker). bring to a boil, simmer for a bit and use this as the gravy for the rib. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- And Done!