Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious way to prepare potatoes and really simple. You can use an herb of your choice--basil, thyme, oregano--or a mix of herbs.
- 8 large potatoes, scrubbed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Cut each unpeeled potato into 8 spears. Place in mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread potatoes in roasting pan and bake for 45 minutes, tossing occasionally with spoon.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and continue roasting until potatoes are crusty brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes before serving.
What a great, healthy, easy and yummy recipe!
I used a blend of Italian herbs and the wedges came out soft in the centre and really yummy!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this great recipe with us, Lorrie. Ill make it again.
Made and reviewed for the Potato Event in the Photo Forum September 2010.
These were great! I used baby potatoes that I boiled about half way then smushed a little, then baked with rosemary. Made for PAC Spring '10
Simple and delicious! Thanks for sharing!