Prep 50 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 4 medium potatoes, pared
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash salt
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges.
- Place in large bowl of ice water.
- Cover and chill 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- Drain potatoes, then pat dry with paper towels.
- Place wedges in 9" square baking dish.
- In small bowl, combine butter, garlic, pepper,& salt; pour over potatoes, stirring to coat each wedge evenly (butter will set on cold potatoes) Bake 40-45 minutes, spooning butter over potatoes& turning occasionally until potatoes are browned& fork tener.
my husband like these alot.i like the potatoes,they are really easy to make,i had a hard time get the potatoes to brown,i slice an onion in them to there good
Try doing this recipe on a baking stone. Cut back on the butter and just toss the potatoes in the butter, increase the garlic and Zowie. Use bakers paper on the baking stone. Oven temp can be 400F with the stone. PS I love the recipe the way it is too!!!!!! Thanks.
Thanks so much for posting! This was a super easy, and totally delicious method of roasting potatoes! I'll definitely be doing this again :)