Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
a variation on the normal nachos.
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 cm wedges
- 500 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 cm wedges
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 4 slices reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Place the potato and sweet potato in a large microwave dish.
- Microwave on high for 6-7 mins or until tender.
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Place the potatoes on a tea towel and gently pat dry.
- Lightly coat potatoes with cooking spray and bake in the oven for 15.20 mins or until golden and tender.
- Arrange the potatoes on 4 serving plates and top with salsa.
- Lay a slice of cheese over and microwave for 30 seconds top with the combined cottage cheese and basil.
I made these for a quick side dish tonight and made it all in the microwave. Not as crisp as it would have been if I did it in the oven but it still was quite tasty. My mother really enjoyed this side dish and topped she topped hers with sour cream instead of cottage cheese. Excellent recipe!