This is one of my adopted recipes, I haven't made it yet, but sounds good. An eye and tongue pleaser for friends and/or family
- Drain pineapple and reserve ¾ cup juice.
- In medium bowl, stir together corn syrup, reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, green onion, ginger, garlic and mustard.
- Add pork and turn to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and reserve marinade.
- Place pork on rack in foil-lined roasting pan.
- Roast in 375 degrees oven, brushing frequently with reserved marinade about 1-½ hours or until temperature in meat thermometer reaches 170 degrees.
- PINEAPPLE SAUCE: In small saucepan, bring 1 cup reserved marinade to boil.
- In small bowl, stir together 1 tbsp cornstarch and 2 tbsp water until smooth and stir into marinade.
- Stirring, bring to boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute.
- Add 4 pineapple slices and heat until pineapple is hot and glazed.
- Arrange remaining pineapple slices on a platter.
- Place pork roast on pineapple and pour pineapple sauce over pork.
- Serve warm.