Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've had this recipe for about 10 years, not sure where I got it from but am grateful to it's source. If you buy good marsala wine as opposed to the cooking marsala sold in every supermarket, it will make a nice difference.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin roast, tied
- 6 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 3 bay leaves, cut in half
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry marsala
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Make 12 slits in pork roast and stud with garlic.
- Slip bay leaves in string all around roast.
- Place pork in small roasting pan.
- Rub with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Roast 15 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Roast one hour longer, turning once.
- Remove to carving board and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Now skim fat from pan juices.
- Set pan over low heat.
- Add marsala and water and bring to a boil, scraping up bits from bottom of pan.
- Boil about 5 minutes, until liquid is reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Remove string and bay leaf.
- Slice pork and drizzle juices over meat.