Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Succulent and delicious
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup german whole grain brown mustard (other mustards do nicely too)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim fat off meat; Score top of loin in diamond pattern, about 1/4" deep.
- Combine garlic, parsley, pepper, thyme, rosemary, salt set aside.
- In small bowl mix the mustard and olive oil.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil lightly greased or pan sprayed.
- Place pork roast on foil, spread mustard mixture on sides and top.
- Take the garlic herb mixture and sprinkle over top and sides, press in gently.
- Insert oven proof meat thermometer near the center of the roast.
- Roast at 400' first 10 minutes.
- REDUCE OVEN TEMP TO 325' and continue roasting for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until the thermometer registers 155'.
- Remove roast to a platter, and let rest for 15 minutes.
The smell of this pork roast cooking is fabulous. It starts in the first 10 minutes and gets better and better! The flavor of the herb crust with the roast pork is fabulous. I used about twice the amount of parsley and a small dribble of olive oil with it and the garlic and spices. The meld of the flavors is wonderful and the pork moist and tender. I cooked it longer because I have this thing against pink or undercooked pork. Succulent and delicious barely describes it! I will definitely be making this again, my husband who really loved this is planning it already!
I'm not normally a pork fan, but my partner really fancied roast port instead of chicken over the weekend, so I decided to make him this. I'm so glad I did as I loved this and so did he. I can't believe I've found a pork recipe that I'll actually eat, so keeping this one on hand!
I made this for Easter Dinner using dijon mustard and fresh herbs from my garden. We also cooked it on the rotisserie. With the marinade being so mustardy, I was worried, but when it was done, it tasted fantastic!! Added very nice fresh flavors to the pork. I will be using this again for sure.