Recipe by ChrisMc
A flavorful, simple way to prepare a pork roast. The flavors should go very well with beef, as well, but I haven't tried it yet.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground rosemary
- 3 lbs boneless pork roast
- 1 1⁄4 cups white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the cayenne, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper and press into the roast.
- Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast at 450 for 15 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of wine over the roast, lower the temperature to 325, and continue to roast.
- Add about 1/4 cup of liquid every 15 minutes or so.
- If there is liquid in the pan, use that to baste before adding more.
- Roast until the internal temperature is 145-150 degrees (probably about 1 1/2 hours).
- Remove to a platter, baste with the remaining drippings, and let stand 10 minutes before carving.
- If you want more garlic flavor, push several cloves (sliced in quarters) into cuts in the roast.