Cook1 hr 10 mins
Makes a nice meal for guest or a special occasion. The time does not include brining time.
Make and share this Roast Pork with Garlic and Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 1 apple, cut into eights
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 4 fresh sage leaves or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless center-cut pork loin
- 2 apples, peeled,cored and cut into eights
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage or 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- For brine, Microwave 2 cups water in a microwaveproof bowl on HIGH 3 minutes, until steaming, Stir in apple, kosher salt, suger, garlic, peppercorns and sage until sugar has almost dissloved.
- Add 2 cups cold water.
- Cool to room temperture.
- Pour brine into large, heavey-duty, resealable storage bag, Add PORK.
- Push out excess air from bag and seal.
- Marinate pork in refrigerator 24 hours, turning the bag several times.
- Spread the two apples in a 11 x 7-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Combine garlic, sage, oil, vinegar, pepper, and salt in a cup; set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain pork into calander; discard brine and solids.
- Rinse pork under cold running water.
- Pat dry.
- Rub pork with garlic mixture and place on top of apples in baking dish.
- Bake pork and apples intil an instant-read meat themometer inserted in center of pork registers 160 degrees, about 60 to 70 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a serving platter and cover loosely with foil.
- Remove apples from baking dish, coarsely chop and transfer to a bowl; skim fat from drippings in pan.
- Stir drippings into apples.
- Serve apples with sliced pork.