1/2 Photos of Roast Pork with Garlic and Apples
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
Makes a nice meal for guest or a special occasion. The time does not include brining time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 apple, cut into eights
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 4 fresh sage leaves or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless center-cut pork loin
- 2 apples, peeled,cored and cut into eights
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage or 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1For brine, Microwave 2 cups water in a microwaveproof bowl on HIGH 3 minutes, until steaming, Stir in apple, kosher salt, suger, garlic, peppercorns and sage until sugar has almost dissloved.
- 2Add 2 cups cold water.
- 3Cool to room temperture.
- 4Pour brine into large, heavey-duty, resealable storage bag, Add PORK.
- 5Push out excess air from bag and seal.
- 6Marinate pork in refrigerator 24 hours, turning the bag several times.
- 7Spread the two apples in a 11 x 7-inch baking dish; set aside.
- 8Combine garlic, sage, oil, vinegar, pepper, and salt in a cup; set aside.
- 9Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 10Drain pork into calander; discard brine and solids.
- 11Rinse pork under cold running water.
- 12Pat dry.
- 13Rub pork with garlic mixture and place on top of apples in baking dish.
- 14Bake pork and apples intil an instant-read meat themometer inserted in center of pork registers 160 degrees, about 60 to 70 minutes.
- 15Transfer pork to a serving platter and cover loosely with foil.
- 16Remove apples from baking dish, coarsely chop and transfer to a bowl; skim fat from drippings in pan.
- 17Stir drippings into apples.
- 18Serve apples with sliced pork.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork with Garlic and Apples
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.3
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 4893.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 38.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves