Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
ROAST PORK WITH FRUIT STUFFING AND MUSTARD SAUCE
Make and share this Roast Pork with Fruit Stuffing and Mustard Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (2 lb) 4-bone center-cut pork rib roast, bones frenched,roast well trimmed
- 8 whole dried apricots
- 8 whole pitted prunes
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using long slender knife, carve out 3/4-inch-diameter horizontal tunnel through center of pork.
- Chop carved-out meat and reserve.
- Using handle of wooden spoon, firmly pack apricots and prunes into tunnel of roast.
- Place roast on rack in roasting pan; rub with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Sprinkle roast with 1/2 teaspoon marjoram, salt, and pepper.
- Scatter onion, carrots, garlic cloves, and chopped meat around rack in pan.
- Drizzle vegetables with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon marjoram.
- Roast pork until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat (not stuffing) registers 150°F, stirring vegetables occasionally, about 1 hour 25 minutes.
- Transfer pork to cutting board; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Whisk butter, flour, and both mustards in small bowl to blend.
- Add broth and wine to roasting pan; place on 2 burners and simmer juices over medium heat until mixture is reduced to 1 1/2 cups, scraping up browned bits, about 3 minutes.
- Strain liquid into small saucepan; skim fat from surface.
- Bring liquid to boil.
- Whisk in mustard mixture; simmer until sauce thickens slightly, whisking frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut pork between ribs into chops.
- Serve with sauce.
- Drink with Prinz von Hessen 2001 Riesling Kabinett Winkeler Hasensprung.
- Makes 4 servings.