4 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Willard Brooks's Note:
ROAST PORK WITH FRUIT STUFFING AND MUSTARD SAUCE
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 lb) 4-bone center-cut pork rib roast, bones frenched,roast well trimmed
- 8 whole dried apricots
- 8 whole pitted prunes
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Using long slender knife, carve out 3/4-inch-diameter horizontal tunnel through center of pork.
- 3Chop carved-out meat and reserve.
- 4Using handle of wooden spoon, firmly pack apricots and prunes into tunnel of roast.
- 5Place roast on rack in roasting pan; rub with 1 tablespoon oil.
- 6Sprinkle roast with 1/2 teaspoon marjoram, salt, and pepper.
- 7Scatter onion, carrots, garlic cloves, and chopped meat around rack in pan.
- 8Drizzle vegetables with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon marjoram.
- 9Roast pork until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat (not stuffing) registers 150°F, stirring vegetables occasionally, about 1 hour 25 minutes.
- 10Transfer pork to cutting board; tent with foil to keep warm.
- 11Whisk butter, flour, and both mustards in small bowl to blend.
- 12Add broth and wine to roasting pan; place on 2 burners and simmer juices over medium heat until mixture is reduced to 1 1/2 cups, scraping up browned bits, about 3 minutes.
- 13Strain liquid into small saucepan; skim fat from surface.
- 14Bring liquid to boil.
- 15Whisk in mustard mixture; simmer until sauce thickens slightly, whisking frequently, about 3 minutes.
- 16Season with salt and pepper.
- 17Cut pork between ribs into chops.
- 18Serve with sauce.
- 19Drink with Prinz von Hessen 2001 Riesling Kabinett Winkeler Hasensprung.
- 20Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork with Fruit Stuffing and Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.7
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 147.5 mg
- Sodium 266.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 49.9 g