Recipe by cannedfood
Impress your guests with this trendy Nuevo Latino roast pork dish at “center plate” for your next dinner party. Not only does the pineapple-bean salsa look and taste great with roasted pork, the vitamin C-rich pineapple in the salsa helps your body get the most from the iron provided by canned beans.
- 2 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound each)
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) canroasted diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup diced canned pimiento
- 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, mashed and strained (to remove seeds)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted ground cumin, ground
- 1 dash salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the pork: Season the pork with salt and pepper, to taste. Combine the lemon and lime zests and juices, 2 tablespoons olive oil, oregano, and garlic in a gallon-size zippered plastic bag. Add pork; turn to coat, seal the bag and refrigerate for 1 to 6 hours, tossing the pork once or twice while marinating. Heat the oven to 400°F Remove the pork from the marinade and pat dry. Discard marinade.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet with an ovenproof handle over medium heat. Add the pork and brown well on all sides. Place the skillet in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches an internal temperature of 160°F
- For the salsa: While the pork is roasting, combine all the salsa ingredients in a large bowl; set aside. To serve: When the pork is cooked through, remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice on a diagonal, and serve with the salsa.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 220; Total fat 11g; Saturated fat 2g; Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 150mg; Total carbohydrate 13g; Fiber 3g; Protein 18g; Vitamin A 6%DV*; Vitamin C 45%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 10%DV *Daily Value.