Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Such a nice change from traditional holiday main dishes. Very easy and delicious!
Make and share this Roast Pork With Cranberry Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- Mash cranberry sauce with a fork. Stir in sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves.
- Place the pork roast in a large roasting pan. Pour cranberry sauce mixture over the roast.
- Cook at 275 F for 6 to 8 hours (until the meat is tender). Remove the roast and keep warm.
- Skim the fat from the liquid in the roasting pan. Pour 2 cups of the remaining roasting liquid (add water if necessary) into a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Blend cornstarch and cold water to make a paste. Gradually stir the cornstarch mixture into the boiling liquid. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Add salt to taste and serve with the roast.
I did this with a variation by using a cranberry-mustard that I bought at Save-A-Lot and really didn't like. I warmed it in hot water, then after poking the meat with a large tined fork, I "schmeared" it with this cranberry-mustard. After 2 1/2 hours at 300F, the meat came out wonderful- and I drained the good stuff into a small pot that had the jellied cranberry sauce. Heated and mixed together, with a bit of corn starch for thickening- it was FANTASTIC! Served with StoveTop Pork Stuffing and hot buttered peas.
First a clarification: I don't eat pork. My many rabbi ancestors would be breakdancing in their graves if I ever did. However, that does not stop me from taking pork recipes and substituting kosher meat instead of This Little Piggy. I made this with beef brisket overnight in the crockpot and then put the juices in the fridge, skimming the solid fat off at the end of the day. I cut up the cold beef with an electric knife and served it with the gravy for Friday night dinner. Excellent with Sushiman's roasted potatoes, this is going to be a repeat winner in my house!