Recipe by Dreamgoddess
I found this recipe online and am posting it here to save it. I made it tonight and we all enjoyed the delicious flavor. The apple glaze was a wonderful addition to the pork. The recipe calls for a boneless roast, but I used a bone in roast. It was done is basically the same amount of time.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork sirloin roast
- 1⁄2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tart apples, cored and cut in wedges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the roast in a roasting pan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except the apples, cornstarch and water; mix well and brush over the pork.
- Roast in the oven preheated to 325 degrees for 45 minutes making sure to occasionally baste the pork with the apple juice mixture.
- After roasting 45 minutes, add the apple wedges to the pan and roast another 30-45 minutes.
- When the internal temperature of the roast is about 160 degree, remove from the oven.
- Strain the juices into a measuring cup.
- If there isn't 1 c of liquid, add water to equal 1 cup and pour into a saucepan.
- Combine the cornstarch and 1 T water; add to the saucepan.
- Cook and stir until thicken and bubbly.
- Serve glaze over sliced pork.