1 hr 25 mins
Roast pork is always a favorite with the crowd!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs pork loin, skin and half the fat removed
- 1 leek
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, fresh
- 4 teaspoons mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sage, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1Cut a pocket between the fat and meat of the loin. Reserve the outside leaves of the leek. Chop the remainder and fry until softened in butter.
- 2Mix the cheese, bread crumbs, half the mustard, seasoning and leeks together. Place in the pocket, and secure joint with string.
- 3Mix the softened butter, remaining mustard, thyme and sage and rub into the pork. Pierce the loin and insert garlic slices.
- 4Place on a trivet in a roasting pan and cook in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes, then at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- 5Place the reserved leek leaves in a bowl of boiling water to soften for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Boil carrots and celery root until just tender.
- 7Drain the leeks and cut into narrow strips. Make bundles of carrots and celery root and tie with the leek strips.
- 8Remove the string from the roast and place on a warm dish.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork W/ Celery Root and Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.0
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 173.8 mg
- Sodium 387.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 51.8 g