Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Roast pork is always a favorite with the crowd!
Make and share this Roast Pork W/ Celery Root and Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs pork loin, skin and half the fat removed
- 1 leek
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, fresh
- 4 teaspoons mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 6 ounces carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 6 ounces celery root, cut into matchsticks
- Cut a pocket between the fat and meat of the loin. Reserve the outside leaves of the leek. Chop the remainder and fry until softened in butter.
- Mix the cheese, bread crumbs, half the mustard, seasoning and leeks together. Place in the pocket, and secure joint with string.
- Mix the softened butter, remaining mustard, thyme and sage and rub into the pork. Pierce the loin and insert garlic slices.
- Place on a trivet in a roasting pan and cook in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes, then at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Place the reserved leek leaves in a bowl of boiling water to soften for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Boil carrots and celery root until just tender.
- Drain the leeks and cut into narrow strips. Make bundles of carrots and celery root and tie with the leek strips.
- Remove the string from the roast and place on a warm dish.