Chef mariajane's Note:
You don't need to wait for Sunday night to make a comforting roast dinner. The pork stays moist and the potatoes taste wonderful in the mushroom "gravy".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 medium white potatoes, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced (250g)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth, sodium reduced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Butter a 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
- 2Place pork in center of baking dish, tucking thin end underneath.
- 3Arrange potatoes (white and sweet) around pork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, onions, paprika and 1/4 teaspoons each salt and pepper; sauté for 8 minutes or until mushrooms are brown.
- 5Stir in broth and mustard.
- 6Whisk flour into milk; stir into pan and bring to a boil, stirring. Boil, stirring for 1 minute.
- 7Pour sauce over pork and potatoes and roast for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of pork registers160°F
- 8Transfer pork to a cutting board; let rest for 5 mintues, Return potatoes and sauce to oven for 5 minutes; stir well. Slice pork crosswise; serve with potatoes and sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 9FOR THE ADVENTUROUS: Use mixed gourmet mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika along with 1 teaspoons regular paprika and add 1 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme with the mustard.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork Tenderloin and Mushroom Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.0
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.5 mg
- Sodium 554.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 33.5 g