Chef mariajane's Note:
You don't need to wait for Sunday night to make a comforting roast dinner. The pork stays moist and the potatoes taste wonderful in the mushroom "gravy".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 medium white potatoes, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced (250g)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth, sodium reduced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Butter a 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
- 2Place pork in center of baking dish, tucking thin end underneath.
- 3Arrange potatoes (white and sweet) around pork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, onions, paprika and 1/4 teaspoons each salt and pepper; sauté for 8 minutes or until mushrooms are brown.
- 5Stir in broth and mustard.
- 6Whisk flour into milk; stir into pan and bring to a boil, stirring. Boil, stirring for 1 minute.
- 7Pour sauce over pork and potatoes and roast for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of pork registers160°F
- 8Transfer pork to a cutting board; let rest for 5 mintues, Return potatoes and sauce to oven for 5 minutes; stir well. Slice pork crosswise; serve with potatoes and sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 9FOR THE ADVENTUROUS: Use mixed gourmet mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika along with 1 teaspoons regular paprika and add 1 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme with the mustard.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork Tenderloin and Mushroom Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.0
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.5 mg
- Sodium 554.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 33.5 g