1/3 Photos of Roast Pork, Stuffed with Stilton
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Creamy cheese (Stilton, Blue Cheese, or Goat Cheese) mashed and mixed well with fresh green onion makes a fast, full of flavour, stuffing for lean pork tenderloin. Fast dinner for two, or three. I increased the recipe, logically, for a dinner party for six. Recipe from April 2003 issue of Chatelaine Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230C).
- 2Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, using a fork, mash cheese and mix well with onions.
- 4Using your hands, form cheese into a long, thin log, about 8 inches (20 cm) long and 3/4 inch (2 cm) wide.
- 5Place meat on a large cutting board.
- 6Using a sharp knife, slice pork lengthwise, down the center, cutting almost but not completely through the meat.
- 7Spread out at flat as possible.
- 8Cover with a piece of plastic-wrap.
- 9Using a meat mallet, pound pork just until it is uniformly thick- 1/4 inch (0. 5 cm) thick.
- 10Sprinkle pepper over pork.
- 11Place cheese log on long edge of meat, then roll meat around it, jelly-roll style.
- 12Fasten with a few toothpicks.
- 13Place, toothpick-side down, on baking sheet.
- 14In a small bowl stir teriyaki (or soy) sauce with oil.
- 15Brush over pork.
- 16Roast, uncovered in centre of 450F (230C) oven until pork is firm when pressed; (from 20-25 minutes).
- 17Don't worry if a little melted cheese leaks out.
- 18Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- 19Serve with roasted new potatoes and Balsamic Green Beans and Pancetta.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork, Stuffed with Stilton
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.0
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 631.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 40.6 g