1/3 Photos of Roast Pork, Stuffed with Stilton
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Creamy cheese (Stilton, Blue Cheese, or Goat Cheese) mashed and mixed well with fresh green onion makes a fast, full of flavour, stuffing for lean pork tenderloin. Fast dinner for two, or three. I increased the recipe, logically, for a dinner party for six. Recipe from April 2003 issue of Chatelaine Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230C).
- 2Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, using a fork, mash cheese and mix well with onions.
- 4Using your hands, form cheese into a long, thin log, about 8 inches (20 cm) long and 3/4 inch (2 cm) wide.
- 5Place meat on a large cutting board.
- 6Using a sharp knife, slice pork lengthwise, down the center, cutting almost but not completely through the meat.
- 7Spread out at flat as possible.
- 8Cover with a piece of plastic-wrap.
- 9Using a meat mallet, pound pork just until it is uniformly thick- 1/4 inch (0. 5 cm) thick.
- 10Sprinkle pepper over pork.
- 11Place cheese log on long edge of meat, then roll meat around it, jelly-roll style.
- 12Fasten with a few toothpicks.
- 13Place, toothpick-side down, on baking sheet.
- 14In a small bowl stir teriyaki (or soy) sauce with oil.
- 15Brush over pork.
- 16Roast, uncovered in centre of 450F (230C) oven until pork is firm when pressed; (from 20-25 minutes).
- 17Don't worry if a little melted cheese leaks out.
- 18Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- 19Serve with roasted new potatoes and Balsamic Green Beans and Pancetta.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork, Stuffed with Stilton
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.0
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 631.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 40.6 g