Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very tasty way to use up leftover roast pork. I usually make a batch of homemade soup once a week for lunches, and this recipe is in my top ten for soups. This is from the March 2000 issue of Quick Cooking.
- 3 cups cubed cooked pork roast
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- minced fresh basil (optional)
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients except basil and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil when ready to serve.
- You can substitute 2 cups cooked beans in place of the canned beans.