Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This came from a wine ad from a magazine. I like the way the different flavours meld together. It's a nice Sunday afternoon, or Saturday night meal to have with friends.
- 1 kg pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo, paste
- 50 g raisins
- 75 g peanuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 orange, zest of
- 30 -50 g dark chocolate, grated, to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- Preheat oven to 190°C., Gas mark 5. Place pork in roasting dish and bake 1-1 1/2 hours until crispy. Shred when cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in pan over medium heat, add onion and cook 5 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, chipotles and raisins and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Briefly whiz peanuts, cinnamon and seeds in food processor. Add onion mixture and stock and whiz until almost smooth. Cook in large pan for 30 minutes. Stir in zest and chocolate.
- Serve pork with the sauce. Top with diced avocado and coriander.