Cook1 hr 30 mins
There is really no other way to describe the sauce other than SAUCY !!! This is a meal for 2 but you can always double up for a larger roast.
- 2 lbs pork loin roast
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Heat your oil and saute your onions until they are opaque.
- Add all other ingredients (except the meat) to the onions and simmer together for 15 mins to combine all the flavours.
- set aside and let cool for approximately 15 minutes.
- Heat your oven to 325 degrees.
- place your roast on a rack in a roasting pan or on a cookie sheet.
- drown your pork in the sauce and continue basting (heavily) every 15 - 20 minutes until your roast reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees or 40 minutes per pound.
- Let the roast rest for approximately 5 - 10 minutes before slicing to avoid loosing the juices.