1/2 Photos of Roast Pork Loin With Fig and Prosciutto Stuffing
1 hr 25 mins
Figs are sweet and tender inside a well seasoned pork loin. Be sure not to overcook it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs boneless pork loin, trim leaving a bit of fat and butterflied
- brine, Classic Brine for Poultry, Shellfish and Pork (optional)
- 3 -4 figs, slice in half
- 3 -4 slices prosciutto
- seasoning salt, Smokey Seasoned Salt (skip if using brine)
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fig preserves, warmed (optional)
- 1Pound pork loin to even 1 inch thickness with mallet.
- 2Add pork to the brine mixture, cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until fully seasoned, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 3Remove pork from brine, rinse and dry pork thoroughly with paper towels.
- 4If not brining season both sides with optional seasoned salt the one posted or any you favor.
- 5Line shallow roasting pan with foil and position flat wire rack over foil and set aside.
- 6Lay pork fat side down.
- 7Place the figs and prosciutto on the butterflied pork.
- 8Roll the meat jellyroll style over the stuffing and fasten with butcher’s twine.
- 9Place the stuffed roast on rack, rub garlic and rosemary evenly over exposed surface of meat and sprinkle with olive oil.
- 10Roast 20 minutes at 450 degrees.
- 11Remove roast from oven and brush exposed surface with optional warmed fig jam or baste with the juices in bottom of pan.
- 12Return roast to oven and roast 25 minutes longer. Glaze should be nicely browned and internal temperature should register 145 degrees. Please do not overcook.
- 13Let rest 10 minutes, cut off twine, slice and serve with pan juices.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork Loin With Fig and Prosciutto Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.8
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 76.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: