Roast Pork Loin With Cranberry-cherry Glaze
- Combine salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary and rub onto pork roast; heat the oil in a frying pan and sear the pork on all sides.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Combine chicken broth, beef broth, onions, carrots, celery and garlic in a roasting pan; place meat on a rack in the pan; cook 20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature is 160° on a meat thermometer.
- Glaze: once the roast is in the oven, in a blender place the cranberry sauce, cherries, cinnamon, ginger and orange juice; process until liquefied.
- After the first hour of roasting, baste the pork every 15 minutes or so with the glaze; remove roast to a plate, cover with foil and let rest 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, strain the pan juices to remove the vegetables and simmer the juices until reduced by half; reserve.
- Gravy: simmer the mushrooms in the water for 30 minutes; in a small skillet, melt the butter, whisk in flour slowly and cook over medium heat until mixture is browned; add to the mushrooms and water and cook until gravy thickens to desired consistency; add reduced pan juices for additional flavor and continue to cook until gravy thickens again.
- Serve over pork slices.