Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Roasted pork with a hint of ginger and a sweet apple and raisin dressing...MMMMM!
- 4 lbs pork loin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups diced dry white bread
- 3 apples, pared, cored and diced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (light or dark)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Rub all surfaces of the roast with the salt, ginger and pepper; place the fat side up in shallow roasting pan; insert a meat thermometer in thickest part of roast, avoiding bone and fat.
- Roast at 325°F for 1 hour.
- Scatter the onions around the pork; roast for an additional 30 minutes, or until the onions are lightly browned.
- Combine the bread cubes, apples, wine, raisins and sugar; stir into the onions.
- Roast 30 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Beat the eggs with the milk.
- Remove the roast from pan; combine the egg mixture with the apple mixture, mixing well.
- Replace roast and then spoon the apple mixture around roast.
- Roast 30 to 40 minutes longer or until the roast is golden brown and the meat thermometer registers 170°F.