1/7 Photos of Roast Pork Loin and Potatoes
3 hrs 15 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This is the ultimate Italian pork roast. Covering it the first 2 hours of baking is the secret. The recipe comes from Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 375°.
- 2Whisk 1/4 cup oil, garlic, butter, sage and rosemary in a small bowl to blend.
- 3Place pork in large roast pan.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Rub herb mixture over pork (can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill).
- 6Cover pork loosely with foil and roast 2 hours.
- 7Divide remaining 1/4 cup oil between 2 heavy skillets.
- 8Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 9Divide potatoes between skillets.
- 10Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 11Sauté until potatoes are golden brown but not tender, about 15 minutes.
- 12Transfer potatoes to roasting pan with pork.
- 13Toss potatoes in pan juices.
- 14Continue roasting, uncovered, until pork browns, potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes.
- 15Place pork in center of platter, surround with potatoes.
- 16Pour pan juices into glass measuring cup.
- 17Spoon off fat.
- 18Pour juices over pork and potatoes.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork Loin and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1003.9
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 250.2 mg
- Sodium 208.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 91.8 g